Your first visit
To offer our patients the best service, here are a few helpful hints to consider on your first visit:
- Please bring reading glasses if you require them.
- If we will be treating your hip, knee or ankle, please wear or bring shorts with you.
- If you are being referred for aquatic therapy, please bring a swim suit and a towel with you.
Click here for your patient forms.
Thank you for trusting us with your physical therapy needs!
You may be eligible for Direct Access to Physical Therapy services!
As of January 1, 2014, California law under AB1000 allows licensed physical therapists to provide direct physical therapy evaluation and treatment services for a period of up to 45 calendar days or 12 visits, whichever occurs first, after which time a physical therapist may continue providing you with physical therapy treatment services only after receiving, from a person holding a physician and surgeon’s certificate issued by the Medical Board of California or by the Osteopathic Medical Board of California, or from a person holding a certificate to practice podiatric medicine from the California Board of Podiatric Medicine and acting within his or her scope of practice, a dated signature on the physical therapist’s plan of care indicating approval of the physical therapist’s plan of care and that an in-person patient examination and evaluation was conducted by the physician and surgeon or podiatrist.
The benefits to you
Direct Access benefits our patients in that it allows you to expedite treatment, saving time and money!
- Eliminate delays that can result in decreased functional outcomes and frustration.
- Earlier return to work, activities of daily living and sports participation.
- Reduces the need for long-term care by providing early intervention.
- Studies show that immediate care for most injuries can reduce the healing time.
- We can refer you to a licensed MD, DPM, or other medical professional for conditions/symptoms outside our scope of practice.
We will be happy to contact your insurance provider to determine your benefits in terms of direct access coverage. In many cases with direct access, insurance companies are now reimbursing because they realize that it costs less when you, our patient, have the choice to access physical therapy without the delay. Our physical therapists will work with you to establish a plan of care that will accomplish your goals and maintain efficiency of treatment.