Our program is designed to timely return injured workers to the work place by identifying the physical job demands the worker must meet, by identifying what physical demands the injured worker can safely meet, by identifying the barriers that the injured worker may have in meeting the required physical demands and to develop a program whereby the injured worker will be able to safely meet those demands.
- Assessing the neuromusculoskeletal condition and application of interventions to specific systems and tissues affected by the injury.
- Determination of safe work activity that will not compromise medical stability.
- The design of safe, progressive rehabilitation programs that aggressively recondition the injured worker.
- Minimization of lost work time, through aggressive clinical management and promotion of productive work.
Work conditioning is an intensive, work-related, goal-oriented conditioning program designed specifically to restore systemic neuromusculoskeletal functions, muscle performance, motor, function, range of motion, and cardiovascular functions. the objective of the work conditioning program is to restore physical capacity and function to enable the patient/client to return to work.
Work = Effort
- Development of program goals in relation to job skills and job requirements. Interventions to improve strength, endurance, movement, flexibility, motor control and cardiovascular capacity related to the performance of work tasks.
- Practice, modification, and instruction in work related activities.
- Education related to safe job performance and injury prevention.
- Promotion of patient/client responsibility and self-management.
Functional Capacity Evaluation
A Functional Capacity Evaluation is a comprehensive battery of performance based tests that is used commonly to determine the ability for work, activity of daily living, or leisure activity.
The Functional Capacity Evaluation quantifies safe function abilities and is a pivotal resource for:
- Return to work and job-placement decisions.
- Disability evaluation.
- Determination of how non-related illness and injuries impact work performance.
- Determination of function in non-occupational setting.
- Intervention and treatment planning.
- Case management and case closure.
Our reports determine an injured worker’s ability to return to work and includes a physical assessment of the injured client.